Monday, October 14, 2013

The 2 Most Important Questions for Every Believer

February 11, 2009 FB

1. How important are you and your life to Jesus, and how does he show it?
2 Corinthians 8:9 For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though He was rich, yet for your sakes He became poor, that you through His poverty might become rich.
John 15:13 "Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one's life for his friends.”
Romans 5:6-8 For when we were still without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly. For scarcely for a righteous man will one die; yet perhaps for a good man someone would even dare to die. But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Galatians 2:20 …the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.
John 10:11, 15, 18 "I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep… I lay down My life for the sheep…No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself.”
Titus 2:13-14 …Jesus Christ, who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works.
Romans 8:34-39 Who is he who condemns? It is Christ who died, and furthermore is also risen, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? As it is written: "For Your sake we are killed all day long; We are accounted as sheep for the slaughter." Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Jesus humbled himself by leaving his Father in heaven, becoming a man, living a poor life, being tempted in all points just like you yet without sin, and dying a degrading and shameful death that he did not have to, so that you could have eternal life with him. He gave literally everything of himself only because he loves you and wants to be involved in your life.


2. How important is Jesus to you, and how should you show it to him?
John 10:27 "My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me.
John 14:15, 21 “If you love Me, keep My commandments… He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him.”
Matthew 10:37-39 “He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me. He who finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for My sake will find it.”
Matthew 16:24-26 “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me. For whoever desires to save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it. For what profit is it to a man if he gains the whole world, and loses his own soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?”
Luke 14:26-27, 33 “If anyone comes to Me and does not hate his father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, yes, and his own life also, he cannot be My disciple. And whoever does not bear his cross and come after Me cannot be My disciple...So likewise, whoever of you does not forsake all that he has cannot be My disciple."
John 8:31 "If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine."
John 12:25-26 “He who loves his life will lose it, and he who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life. If anyone serves Me, let him follow Me; and where I am, there My servant will be also.”
John 15:9-10 "Just as the Father has loved Me, I have also loved you; abide in My love. If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love."

The only way we believers may show Jesus our love is by keeping Him as our Lord, not being concerned with our own lives, lovingly obeying Him, and being willing to endure every hardship when, not if, they come. Every day should be for Jesus and we must always remember that the love of Jesus is the most worthwhile, beautiful, and satisfying thing in the universe. Nothing can separate us from Jesus and his love, but without holding him in the place he deserves this love cannot be felt. We must always keep Jesus as the one person in our lives who we seek to please above all, and in light of what he has done for us no sacrifice is to small.

Colossians 1:10 "that you may walk worthy of the Lord [Jesus], fully pleasing Him, being fruitful in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God."

Nehemiah Ryan © 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment